2. Icons for various clinical studies for Clinvest—a clinical research company.
3. Icons for the Oral Hygiene Instructions folder given to all new patients undergoing treatment at the SmileZone Dentistry for children.
1. Midwest Regional Meeting an annual conference of American Chemical Society, taking place in one of four regional locations.
2. Ozarks Community Climbing Center
3. Kirkwood Stairs and Millwork. Logo for a company that creates custom architectural woodwork projects.
4. KSMU Glass it Up! Proposed logo as part of the fundraiser for the local NPR affiliate.
5. Trail Spring logo was developed for a network of parks outside the city limits, focused on hiking, biking, and exploring.
6. Dairi Concepts. Logo proposal for a company that provides dairy-based ingredient solutions to major food manufacturers and food service providers.
From May 2013–January 2014 I was an editorial designer at 417 Magazine. This section contains some of the spreads I have designed.
1. Journey to the Emerald City was a travel feature in the November 2013 issue.
2. Homes of the Year is an annual even with builders submitting their best projects in the area, and one winner selected for each of the three categories: $250K–$500; $500K–$750K; $1M and more. During the photoshoot I acted as an art director, assisted the photographer, and took additional photographs.
3. Helping Women Worldwide was an article about a group of local volunteers who have traveled to Ethiopia in order to educate women about starting their own businesses. The typefaces used were part of the 417 Magazine graphic standards at the time.
Since its begining in 2009, I got to work with the people who make this non-profit annual event possible. Initially this project began as a simple request for a poster design, but over time grew into a complete package, consisting of poster, program cover, ticket designs, and social media graphics.
While SmileZone is not the only kid-friendly dentistry in town, their branding is sure the most colourful and unique. From Oral Hygiene Instructions folders to multiple print mailers and magazine ads SmileZone was one of my favourite clients.
1. Oral Hygiene Instructions Folder: the client approached us with a re-design request for a folder with post-procedural instructional materials for patients and their parents. The pre-existing information was printed from the internet, laminated, and often contained scary imagery. For this project I got to design a custom colour-based organization system with multiple die-cut sizes, and to utilize Astrobrights® collection from Nina Papers. This allowed nurses to find the correct information sheet faster without having to look through a folder of laminated sheets that all looked the same. Naturally, the little patients loved it as well.
2. Advertising Mailer: an 8.5" x 5.5" mailer sent out to new patients.
3. Quarterly Newsletter: a print newsletter full of SmileZone news, giveaways, and healthy oral hygiene tips mailed to existing patients.
4. 417 Magazine:a half-page print ad for a local magazine.
Manitowoc Foodservice is a company providing foodservice manufacturers around the world with the right equipment for their cooking areas.
This series of promotional print materials were distributed during the NAFEM Show—an annual Food Equipment and Supplies conference.
A BFA catalog for a graduating class of students, receiving their BFA degree in various disciplines.
KC Slices was born out of several serendipitous events: a great pizza recipe, an investor, and an available building across from a college campus. With limited budget and on a tight deadline, this client needed a fast solution. As the result, this simple one-page site and a small, yet memorable, take out menu was created.
Gifted Association of Missouri
Gifted Association of Missouri (GAM) is a a coalition of educators, parents and volunteers dedicated to the recognition of children with great potential.
I created postcards, as well as web graphics for their home page.
You can read the organization's goals and see how you can get involved here.
Poster, postcard, and catalogue design for an annual Lighthouse Lit Fest workshop.
"Lit Fest is a two-week celebration of the literary arts, with workshops in fiction, nonfiction, memoir, poetry, and more. Lit Fest hosts events day and night—including salons and business panels, free readings, visiting authors, a book fair, and the kickoff party."